Did you know August is National Black Business Month? The St. Louis region is full of innovative, passionate, and hard-working diverse small business owners who make our region a better place to live, work, and play. Particularly, we want to recognize our region's diverse business owners.
So tell us: what would your business do with $10,000?
This month, in celebration of all the diverse business owners in our region, we’re inviting you to give us a 30-second elevator pitch and tell us how you would use $10,000 to grow your business. In exchange, we’ll choose one person to get free tuition, a $1,000 value, to the St. Louis Regional Chamber Diverse Business Accelerator (DBA).
DBA is a 12-week capacity building program for multicultural- and women-owned businesses where participants receive one-on-one business coaching, a business plan analysis, mentorship and networking advice, and marketing, legal, and accounting guidance.
Then, on December 4th, you have the opportunity to pitch your businesses for a chance to win $10,000 worth of equity-free cash on at the Final Pitch competition, which only DBA participants may compete.
- You must be a diverse business owner with an established company located in the 15-county, bi-state St. Louis region
- Record a 30 - 45 second video pitch telling us how you'd use $10,000 to grow your business
- Post your pitch on social media using the hashtag #ChamberDBA or email us your video pitch
- Only one pitch per company
- Submit your pitch by 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, August 31st
- We will announce the winner on Wednesday, September 4th
Have any questions about the competition or the program? Contact Lakesha Mathis at firstname.lastname@example.org.