The St. Louis Regional Chamber Diverse Business Accelerator (DBA) is for ethnically, racially, and gender-diverse business owners looking to advance their professional objectives and build capacity. In the span of three months, the program walks owners through how to develop their business goals, market and communicate their services, make meaningful connections, and prepare for growth.
The St. Louis Regional Chamber Diverse Business Accelerator sets up a framework to enhance a business’s capacity to grow and succeed by teaching business owners how to attract capital, operationally execute contracts, secure funding, find new contracts, and expand existing agreements. The program strategic curriculum focuses on:
- Communications and marketing work to effectively communicate their business’ value proposition, refining core messaging, and creating effective collateral
- Accounting best practices
- Relationship building and being matched with a C-suite level mentor to foster a supportive, professional advisory network
- Financial review, analysis, and literacy training as well as an introduction to community reinvestment act processes and small business administration loan requirements
In 3 months, this multi-phase program walks business owners through how to develop business goals, make powerful connections, market and communicate their services, and prepare for growth. The program approach includes 12 weeks of group sessions and 9 hours of additional one-on-one coaching.
- Foster effective business relationships between diverse enterprises and major buying organizations
- Cultivate strong diverse- and women-owned businesses that have the capacity to operationally deliver on contracts
- Identify member organizations committed to diverse and inclusive procurement processes
- Increase jobs, capital investments, employers in the St. Louis metropolitan region
- Mastering the ability to effectively pitch
- Understanding the relationship between marketing, customer satisfaction, and client needs
- Understanding the importance of mentoring and creating an advisory network
- Developing a growth business plan
- Maximizing operational excellence
“The one takeaway I would like to share with others about being a part of this program is that it is going to increase your confidence in who you are as a business owner, as a salesperson, and as an individual. I think that everyone can benefit from that.” -Trish Jensen, milliCare, Cohort 1
"I have tripled my monthly revenue since completing DBA using the tools, resources, strategies, and support I received through the program.” – Bing Dempewolfe, TAI—CHI Consulting, Cohort 2
DBA continues to support all portfolio companies with business advisory support through the duration of the company's existence.
The Diverse Business Accelerator puts an emphasis on making meaningful connections to further your business objectives. We are fortunate to have a wide array of business leaders who have volunteered their time to support our portfolio companies.
Interested in mentoring a DBA portfolio company? Reach out and let us know how you'd like to engage.