Guest: Dr. Jeff Pittman, Chancellor
Jeff Pittman, Ph.D., began his role as chancellor of St. Louis Community College in July 2015. He is responsible for guiding a multi-campus college system with four locations that offer college transfer options and more than 80 career-focused programs. STLCC is the largest higher educational institution in the region, the third largest in Missouri and serves more than 50,000 students annually. You can read more about Dr. Pittman and the STLCC leadership team HERE
Company: St. Louis Community College
In this episode:
Affordability and access make St. Louis Community College an ideal option for students seeking credit and non-credit hours. A few fun facts:
- STLCC has 4 campuses and 3 learning centers plus online options
- There is a strong community that includes sports teams, theaters, art galleries, music and student organizations – there is something for everyone!
- It’s a 1/3 of the cost of area institutions!
In our conversation, Dr. Pittman shares how STLCC is working more closely with students to determine their career goals. Additionally, did you know that high school students can take advantage of dual enrollment? Yes, it’s possible to graduate as a high school student with both your high school diploma and your associate degree! Amazing!
You’ll also learn about:
- How STLCC is helping students align with high wage careers and how their tracking their success
- Learning during a pandemic – you’ll want to hear how their pivoting and adjusting
- You’ll hear all about the new Center for Nursing and Health Sciences building located in Forest Park – this building is the first new academic building at Forest Park in 20 years and the features are worth hearing about!
St. Louis Community College Homepage