We at the St. Louis Regional Chamber have decided to postpone our March events. As the number of COVID-19 cases spread in the United States, it is important the St. Louis regional community take appropriate precautions as outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to handle this challenge.
We are postponing the following:
- 3/13 – Missouri Public Affairs Network meeting
- 3/14 – Hello STL Day
- 3/18 – Diverse Business Accelerator session
- 3/20 – Morning HuSTLe
- 3/24 – Member Engagement Orientation
- 3/24 – St. Louis Business Diversity Initiative Fellows session
- 3/25 – Founders Dinner
- 3/25 – Diverse Business Accelerator session
- 3/26 – Investor happy hour
- 3/26 – St. Louis Business Diversity Initiative Fellows session
- 3/27 – Illinois Public Affairs Network meeting
- 4/1 – Illinois Lobby Day
We will review our other spring events and adhere to CDC guidelines to determine if those events will be postponed as well.
While COVID-19 rightly deserves our attention, our understanding and response to the issue should be based in fact, not fear. The Regional Chamber has compiled resources for employees and employers rooted in fact to protect and prepare themselves for the impacts of COVID-19. These resources from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce are provided by the CDC and include updated information on disease spread, travel notices, and guidance for businesses.
We hope these resources will preserve the operation of business in the St. Louis region and keep our communities safe.
Resources from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce:
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Workplace Tips for Employees
- Guidance For Employers To Plan and Respond To Coronavirus
Resources from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention: